The bad news first: The cirrus7 nimbus release will be delayed by one month to end of June. Our preparations are in full swing, but unfortunately we can not keep the planned release date.
Thanks for all the overwhelming feedback we got from all over the world. I'll try to answer the most frequently asked questions about the nimbus here.
The cooling concept
The cirrus7 nimbus is built like a sandwich. Different layers of laser-cut aluminum is stacked to form a heat sink case. A simple and cost-effective design is the idea behind the concept. It does not require any heat pipes.
Another advantage is that you can build the cirrus7 nimbus different heights. One layer is 12mm in height. With each layer, the passive cooling performance improves.
Due to the high demand - everybody interested buying the nimbus on early release should send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is NOT a mandatory order. Interested parties that will leave a message will receive early notification about the availability and preferential treatment to other orders.
- Mainboard: Intel DQ77KB
- CPU: G1610T (499.- €) / G2020T (538.- €) / i3 3220T (588.- €) / i5 3470T (648.- €) / i5 3570T (668.- €) / i7 3770T (758.- €)
- Preconfigured Hardware: 4GB RAM / 60GB mSATA SSD
- OS: Ubuntu 13.04 / Ubuntu 12.04 / Windows 8
- 1x HDMI
- 1x DisplayPort
- 4x USB 3.0 + 4x USB 2.0
- 2x Intel GBit LAN
- 1x mSATA
- 2x 2.5“ 7mm SATA-III
- WLAN + Bluetooth: Optional
- VESA / Wall mount: optional
- vPro + KVM over IP: core i5 upwards
- Idle: 15W
- max: CPU 30-65W depending on the configured CPU
- Delivery within Germany: free
- Europe (EU): € 19.99
- Outside EU: On request
Due to the expected availability of suitable Boards there will be probably no Haswall version before Q4/2013. Low-end Intel Haswell variants will most likely available even later.
switch to german version